Providing Essential CRE Tools to Help Maximize Your Success
The Commercial Brokers Association (CBA), serving Washington and Idaho, is a broker-owned commercial real estate Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
CBA gives our member-owned cooperative of brokers and affiliated professionals essential tools and support to maximize their productivity and success. SInce 1977, we have sought out and developed the best resources that the CRE industry has to offer to provide an integrated system of market research, listings services, legal contracts, networking, education, association management services, arbitration, and industry lobbying efforts.
Our membership includes top commercial real estate influencers and companies in CRE-associated industries in the Pacific Northwest.
We are the only commercial information and data platform in the market that:
- Is independently owned and governed by our members, for the benefit of our members
- Has rules and regulations to provide structure as well as a clear path to cooperation and compensation
- Develops and partners with the best resources that the CRE industry has to offer to provide an integrated system of market research, listings services, legal contracts, networking, education, association management services, arbitration, and industry lobbying efforts
- Acts as THE hub for the local commercial real estate community and provides a trusted source of industry information
- Provides the most comprehensive and market standard library of legal forms and contracts for commercial real estate transactions in Washington and Idaho
- Offers arbitration services to members for commission disputes via a panel of your peers
- Proudly provides a locally based team of support professionals and staff
- Strives to provide ALL members the most essential tools and personalized service for the most reasonable price in the market
CBA benefits ALL CRE brokers and affiliated professionals. As a broker-owned co-op,
our members’ feedback and needs count.
We provide the most comprehensive, highest quality, researched and verified data available to CRE professionals for the lowest possible cost. And unlike the Commercial Information Exchanges (CIE), our MLS data is owned by you! We exist only for the benefit of our members. And we also give you additional valuable services and information at no extra cost.
In fact, our listings data is often more accurate than CIE providers because each member listing is based on a signed, exclusive listing agreement and our members are required to update their listings on a monthly basis. We also remove all expired listings promptly. CIE’s don’t always remove expired listings, which wastes your time and, ultimately, costs you money.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Listing exposure to our 4600+ members throughout the Pacific Northwest on commercialmls.com, as well as national exposure on catylist.com and commercialexchange.com.
- Rules and regulations to provide structure as well as a clear path to compensation.
- Access to CBA’s public data to populate listings on your brokerage's website. Over 100 brokerages rely on CBA to provide their listings data.
- Access and editing ability to Washington and Idaho forms and contracts developed by top commercial real estate experts, through Legal Library PRO.
- Access to Leasing Market and Submarket Reports to improve your understanding of the market, support your business, and better assist your clients.
- Access to the broadcast email system – marketing emails that reach all subscribed CBA members.
- A member network to share market insights, learn about key trends, network, and inspire one another.
MARKET RESEARCH AND LISTINGS INFORMATION THAT DRIVES YOUR BUSINESS
Our members enjoy unlimited, 24-hour access to verified, up-to-date information. Unlike other CRE listings providers, our data is actively verified by our members AND internal staff to ensure the most reliable, comprehensive, highest-quality data.
Members submit and verify with our staff all Sale, Lease and Business Opportunity listings. In addition, our staff researches all additional available office, industrial and retail space in buildings over 10,000sf in King, Pierce, Snohomish and Spokane Counties to create the most comprehensive and accurate database of spaces for lease.
CBA's members include real estate professionals from the most prominent CRE firms in Washington, Oregon and Idaho, which gives your listings the best and broadest exposure possible.
Use CBA's public data to populate listings on your brokerage's website. More than 100 brokerages rely on us to provide their listings data.
PROVIDING COMPREHENSIVE CRE SALES DATA
CBAcma is a comprehensive, accurate, reliable, locally researched database that provides detailed information on all recorded commercial sales of $250,000+ in the Puget Sound Region and Spokane. The database includes all industrial, office, retail, multi-family, and land properties sales recorded in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties since January 2001, and later sales for Kitsap, Spokane, and Thurston Counties.
We also provide quarterly sales reports for the benefit of our members.
DYNAMIC MARKET REPORTS WITH CURRENT AND HISTORICAL AGGREGATED DATA
CBA Members now have direct access to Leasing Market and Submarket Reports within our new listings search platform! Packaged for independent CRE professionals, these reports are available exclusively to CBA Members at no additional charge.
From Seattle to Spokane, Boise to Bellingham, and up and down the I-5 Corridor, you can now access dynamic market reports with current and historical aggregated data for the vacancy, absorption, rental rates, and new construction for the vast majority of CBA’s markets for the Office, Industrial, Retail, and Multi-Family asset classes.
These reports are sourced by REIS, the nation's most trusted provider of commercial real estate market data, research, and analytics, and supplied to CBA through our partnership with Moody’s Analytics, the owner of Catylist and REIS. They are relied upon by institutional lenders, large corporations, institutional owners, government agencies, and the nation’s leading news publications, industry publications, and business journals.
THE CONTRACTS YOU NEED TO CLOSE DEALS QUICKLY
Developed and curated by top commercial real estate legal experts over the last 25+ years for CBA members, Legal Library PRO's contracts and forms are recognized as the industry standard and are the fastest and easiest way to close a deal. Simply put, deals get done faster with CBA Forms!
CBA members can instantly access and edit any of Legal Library PRO's 100+ copyrighted contracts and forms for Washington and Idaho. Forms include Purchase & Sale Agreements, Lease Agreements for Multiple & Single Tenants, Exclusive Listing Agreements, Business Sale Agreements, addendums, commissions, disclosures, and riders. Click here for a full list of our forms.
MOVING YOUR CAREER FORWARD
CBA provides a wide variety of educational opportunities and networking events to our members, including live classes geared specifically to CRE professionals and online courses to help you easily satisfy real estate licensing requirements. Our offerings include a regular schedule of monthly classes throughout the region, a yearly day-long forum of essential topics, and online classes members can access at their convenience. Classes cover required state-level core curriculum materials, topics of interest to our members, and courses that speak directly to more specialized areas of commercial real estate.
Our events are designed to elevate your business and standard of practice, so we select convenient local sites and carefully curate expert speakers to ensure you're exposed to and can learn from a unique group of like-minded professionals.
BRINGING THE CRE COMMUNITY TOGETHER
Since 1977, we have been bringing CRE professionals together for a common purpose – to share market insights, learn about key trends, network, and inspire one another. Our members represent CRE professionals at every point in their careers. Instantly contact your peers, learn from veteran members of the CRE community, and reach out to the person sitting on the other side of a deal.
PROVIDING INDUSTRY GUIDANCE
CBA's Rules and Regulations, which are enforced by our Rules Committee and Board of Directors, help to ensure that all our members act in accordance with a strict standard of transparent member guidelines. When you work with a fellow CBA member, you can be confident that your negotiations will adhere to a common code and practice.
SETTLING DISPUTES QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY
If for some reason a commission dispute arises between CBA members, members can leverage Dispute Resolution services, a peer-based resolution process designed to quickly and inexpensively settle disputes through a fair and comprehensive Mediation and Arbitration process.
SUPPORTING THE SUCCESS OF WASHINGTON STATE'S CRE ASSOCIATIONS
For more than 20 years, CBA has provided association management and administrative services to commercial real estate nonprofit associations in the state of Washington. We proudly support our commercial real estate partners by providing a headquarter location and staffing in areas including membership services, event planning and logistics, bookkeeping, and general administrative staff support.